Get Inspired: Knitted Christmas Gifts


Made for Grandma. This cutie is a pattern by Sarah J. Good. I made him out of leftovers from Dad's scarf, so he's got some alpaca fuzz. The pattern was pretty easy, though I was confused at first whether I'd started from the top or bottom of the owl! I was really pleased with the result.


Made for aunts & uncles. These stockings by Little Cotton Rabbits were straightforward and knit up fast. They were also a great way to use some of my extra yarn. I made one using each of the designs given - they're all so fun. In the future, I'd like to come up with some of my own.


Made for Grandpa. This is my own "pattern" - I used the computer to graph out this German placemat for Grandpa. Ausgezeichnet is his favorite word, and while the colors aren't terribly attractive, they're German! ;)


Made for godmother. For the annual ornament exchange, I made this Lion Brand Yarn round ornament. While I liked the pattern and example pictured, I was surprised that the ornament was so large. If I do another one of these, I'll make it smaller. Lion Brand has awesome knitting and crochet resources, online as well as in books. Check out: Crochet EssentialsSumptuous NaturalsFelting FeverGreat Warm-upsCampus KnitsCozy Cover-upsPrecious PetsVannas Choice for You & Your Home, and Crochet Blankets for Baby


Made for Grammy. This cross bookmark is my own improvised pattern with scrap yarn. The cross arms were a little hard to line up, but it worked out just fine.


Made for Mom. Pattern by Lane DrogatoThe bodies were fairly simple to knit up, as were the scarves. The hats were a little more challenging to size. I made the size recommended and had to “force” the hats onto their heads, stitching them into place. I also couldn’t get the snow lady’s bow to stay horizontal. :)


Made for boyfriend. J's sock monkey cup cozy. Pattern by Alejandro Quiroz. I made mine a little shorter for a "cute" look and used two buttons that were lying around for the eyes. This was a quick and fun pattern, and my monkey lover was definitely pleased! :) 



Post a Comment

0 Comments